|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F|
|Camera Lens Description||100 mm|
|Maximum Focal Length||100 Millimeters|
Bridging the gap
The ZEISS Milvus 2/100M is the fastest 100mm macro lens currently available, allowing outstanding separation of subject and background. For macro work you can focus from just 44cm and the large focus throw allows you to adjust your focal point precisely whether the subject is on the table in front of you or an insect metres away that you don't wish to disturb. This focal length is also suited to use as both a technical reproduction lens or a tele-lens for portraits. Whether you are shooting candid portraits at a wedding or unusual perspectives on distant subjects, this lens bridges distances and allows creative compositions.
ZEISS Milvus prime lenses are built specifically with the modern high-resolution multi-function DSLR in mind. Outstanding micro contrast, high suppression of flares and ghosting - you will be impressed with the consistently brilliant images you capture with these lenses. With its weather-sealed barrels and lens mounts, ZEISS Milvus lenses can be used in a wide range of conditions. The variety of focal lengths will suit the photographer or moviemaker who wants both precise control and stunning results.
|Product Dimensions||4.63 x 3.17 x 3.17 inches|
|Item Weight||1.86 pounds|
|Item model number||000000-2096-562|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
About this item
- CREATIVE STILL AND VIDEO PHOTOGRAPHY THROUGH PRECISE MANUAL FOCUSING: ZEISS Milvus lenses feature a large rotation angle which enables pinpoint focusing. The top-quality focusing mechanism moves smoothly without backlash, optimally supporting the photographer's creative interplay with the focal plane of high-speed fixed focal lengths. Engraving in both meters and feet and the focus scale provide additional support for manual focusing. The continuous aperture setting (de-click function with ZF.2 mount) and the long focusing range lay optimal conditions for video photography.
- FUTURE-PROOF SOLUTION FOR HIGH-RESOLUTION CAMERA SYSTEMS: The excellent image performance of the ZEISS Milvus lenses is sharply focused on the requirements of current and future high-performance digital cameras. Thanks to the low level of stray light allowed by the lens design, high-contrast images are possible with increasing high dynamic ranges of the sensors (HDR). The minimization of coma, astigmatism and spherical aberrations enables consistently high resolution over the entire image field. The optics are designed to ensure full utilization of the performance provided by high-resolution camera systems.
- EXCELLENT IMAGERY, EVEN IN DIFFICULT LIGHT CONDITIONS: All lenses features ZEISS T* antireflective coating. In addition, all lens edges are finished with a special pitch-black lacquer in a complex manual process. Light traps in mechanical components and specially designed surfaces are integrated to prevent the occurrence of reflections.
- STABLE IMAGE PERFORMANCE OVER THE ENTIRE FOCUSING RANGE: State-of-the-art camera systems and high-resolution digital image sensors demand more and more performance from the lens. The Floating Elements Design permits constantly high image performance in the focal plane from the minimum object distance to infinity.
- DURABILITY AND PROTECTION AGAINST THE ELEMENTS: The all-metal housing has special seals for protection against dust and splashes to expand the photographer's creative potential by guaranteeing the system's functional reliability even in environmentally difficult situations.