With the unrivalled performance that sets all Otus® lenses apart from the rest, the ZEISS Otus 1.4/55 is the absolute measure of perfection when it comes to standard lenses. Now you never need to settle for less again.
Is a focal length of 55 mm always neither here nor there? A lacklustre lens somewhere between the excitement of super wides and the fascination of long teles? Not when it combines the more than 120 years of optical and mechanical excellence ZEISS is famous for throughout the world.
Experience the quality and look of medium format photography – with the ZEISS Otus 1.4/55. No matter whether you shoot in daylight or at night, close up or more distant subjects, people, objects or landscapes, this lens will simply take your breath away with its high resolution and outstanding sharpness in every photographic situation.
- The medium format look: Thanks to its exceptional sharpness, the ZEISS Otus exploits the full potentials of contemporary high-resolution sensors and rewards photographers with images characterized by breathtaking rendition of even the finest details.
- The ultimate in image contrast: Aberrations caused by extreme differences between shadows and highlights are particularly obvious in images captured at night. Thanks to the outstanding correction of lateral chromatic aberration, the floodlit facade is reproduced with absolute perfection.
- Apochromat: Because this lens is an apochromat, chromatic aberrations (axial chromatic aberrations) are corrected with elements of special glass with anomalous partial dispersion. The chromatic aberrations are therefore significantly below the defined limits. Bright-dark transitions in the image, and especially highlights, are reproduced almost completely free of color artifacts.
- Virtually distortion-free optics: Dramatic perspectives and a view from extraordinary image angles – ZEISS lenses open up new composition possibilities. Distortion would disrupt the composition because straight lines, whose image does not go through the image center, would be reproduced with a curved shape. This annoying effect is accordingly and largely compensated through elaborate optical designs at all focal lengths.
- No color fringing: Sources of light located in front of or behind the plane of focus present particular challenges to every lens. In the case of the ZEISS Otus, longitudinal chromatic aberration is so low that practically no colour fringing occurs.
- Aspherical design: Manually focusing a lens means controlling and therefore actively composing an image gently and precisely from your fingertips. Here, a good ergonomic design makes all the difference. ZEISS Milvus Lenses feature a large rotation angle which enables pinpoint focusing. The silent, continuous aperture setting (de-click function with ZF.2 mount) and the long focusing range lay also optimal conditions for video photography.
|Focal length||55 mm|
|Aperture range||f/1.4 – f/16|
|Camera mount||Canon EF-Mount* (ZE) | Nikon F-Mount* (ZF.2)|
|Format compatibility||Full Frame|
|Focusing range||0,5 m (19.68")|
|Free working distance||0,33 m (13.2")|
|Angular field** (diag. | horiz. | vert.)||44° | 37° | 25°|
|Diameter of image field||43 mm (1.69")|
|Coverage at close range (MOD)||246 x 163 mm (9.69 x 6.42")|
|Image ratio at minimum object distance||1 : 6.8|
|Lens elements | groups||12 | 10|
|Flange focal distance||ZE: 44 mm (1.73") | ZF.2: 46 mm (1.83")|
|Entrance pupil position (front of image plane)||101 mm (3.50")|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.