- The Tamron 150-500mm f/5-6.7 Di III VXD for full-frame-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras is a compact and versatile super-telephoto zoom lens well suited to capture a wide array of subjects ranging from landscapes and birds to sports and wildlife photography.
- The optical construction features 25 elements in 16 groups and utilizes special lens elements and hybrid aspherical lens elements to control chromatic aberrations. Each element features a BBAR-G2 coating to reduce flare and ghosting for high contrast and color accuracy.
- The VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism delivers extreme high-speed and high-precision movement and ensures exceptionally responsive performance and is compatible with Sony Hybrid AF and Eye AF features in enabled cameras.
- The minimum object distance of 23.6" at 150mm end of the zoom range provides dynamic close-up imaging and add to the lens' remarkable overall usability.
- Versatile ultra Telephoto zoom for Sony E-mount full-frame-format mirrorless cameras with a 225-750mm equivalent focal length when used on an APS-C format camera body.
- VC image stabilization facilitates shooting handheld at the 500mm ultra-telephoto position, with three modes: standard, panning, and framing priority.
- XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion), LD (Low Dispersion), and GM (Glass-Molded Aspherical) elements greatly reduce color fringing, chromatic aberrations, and image distortion throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Rotating Arca-type tripod mount with incorporated strap attachment loops.
- Switches redesigned for improved operability, plus Flex Zoom Lock mechanism to hold zoom position.