The LUMIX S5 is a compact full-frame mirror less camera designed for aspirational content creators that also delivers excellent photo and video performance.
The LUMIX S5 has a 24.2-megapixel 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor at its heart. This sensor has a wide dynamic range and high sensitivity performance due to adequate light condensation. With the use of Dual Native ISO technology, the LUMIX S5 can record maximum ISO51200 crystal-clear high sensitivity video.
The LUMIX is the most extensive line of mirror less cameras that can record 4K 10-bit video, making it a pioneer in this field. The LUMIX S5, the most recent member of the family, has internal recording capabilities of 4K 30p/25p 4:2:2 10-bit and 4K 60p/50p 4:2:0. It can also output 4K 60p/50p in 4:2:2 with 10-bit HDMI. There is no time limit for internal 4K 30p/25p 4:2:0 8-bit recording. The exceptional heat dispersion technology of Panasonic allows for stable, long-lasting video recording. The LUMIX S5 has V-Log / V-Gamut compatibility with popular complimentary known as "VariCam Look," and its dynamic range is as wide as that of cinema cameras. Additionally offered are 4K/60p interval shooting, 4K HDR, 4:3 Anamorphic mode, and Slow & Quick Motion recording modes.
Advanced deep-learning technology that allows for real-time detection of the subject's type and parts, such as the human eye, face, head, and body, makes the LUMIX S5 capable of high-speed, high-precision AF in both photo and video recording.
Venus Engine and a Full-Frame CMOS Sensor with 24.2 MP
The S5 achieves a balance between high sensitivity, a wide dynamic range, and speed thanks to an updated Venus Engine and a full-frame 24.2MP CMOS sensor. A useful ISO 100-51200 range that can be extended to ISO 50-204800 for use in a variety of lighting conditions is made possible by the sensor-processor combination. The S5 also supports full-res shooting at up to 7 fps with AF-S or 6 fps with AF-C, or up to 60 fps continuous shooting with 6K or 4K PHOTO modes for working with subjects that are moving quickly.
DFD Autofocus System
The DFD (Depth-From-Defocus) technology quickly calculates the distance to subjects and adjusts the focusing position in as little as 0.08 seconds for faster autofocus performance. Sensor and lens communication occurs at rates of up to 480 frames per second. Subject type, color, size, and motion vectors are used to intelligently lock-onto the moving subjects and ensure precise focus in this contrast-detection type focus method, which benefits both still and video recording modes as well as subject tracking applications. Face, eye, head, body, and animal detection capabilities make it simpler to prioritize focusing on aspects of portrait subjects. Performance with certain subjects can be further enhanced by adjusting the focusing sensitivity and speed. Additionally, it has 225 AF areas, giving you excellent control over the camera's focus. Additionally, a Low Light AF feature enables accurate AF performance down to -6 EV, making it possible to work in low-light conditions.
Image Stabilization via Sensor-Shift
Dual I.S. 2 combines the S5's 5 stop-rated 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization technology with lens-based 2-axis image stabilization to compensate for a wider range of movement types and produce sharper, clearer images when photographing handheld. To use Dual I.S. 2, compatible Lumix lenses with O.I.S. are required. This stabilization system can adjust for approximately 6.5 stops of camera shake.
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Bluetooth Low Energy (4.2) minimizes power consumption while maintaining a constant connection between your smartphone or table and the camera. IEEE 802.11ac and b/g/n support are also available for more robust wireless activities, allowing for faster transmission and more fluid remote control and monitoring.
Lumix Sync is an iOS and Android app that pairs with the camera to enable wireless image transfer and smartphone or tablet-based remote shooting control in addition to the camera's wireless connectivity.
Experts and enthusiasts alike
Capture content in impressive high quality with 96MP High Resolution mode, Dual Native ISO to minimize noise in high sensitivity and V-Log/V-Gamut with 14 plus stop dynamic range.
Powerful and portable hybrid camera
Realize your creative vision with extraordinary 4K 60p, 10-bit video, FHD 180fps Slow Motion option as well as 4:3 Anamorphic support.
- Lens Mount: Leica L
- Sensor Resolution:
- Actual: 25.28 Megapixel
- Effective: 24.2 Megapixel (6000 x 4000)
- Sensor Type: 35.6 x 23.8 mm (Full-Frame) CMOS
- Image Stabilization: Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis
- Built-In ND Filter: None
- Capture Type: Stills & Video
- Exposure Control
- Shutter Type: Electronic Shutter, Mechanical Focal Plane Shutter
- Bulb/Time Mode: Bulb Mode
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Photo: 100 to 51,200 in Auto Mode (Extended: 50 to 204,800)
- Video: 100 to 51,200
- Metering Method: Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Multi-Zone, Multiple, Spot
- Exposure Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation: -5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- Metering Range: 0 to 18 EV
- White Balance: Presets: Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set
- Interval Recording: Yes
- Self-Timer: 2/10-Second Delay
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1, 2:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, 65:24
- Image File Format: JPEG, Raw
- Bit Depth: 14-Bit
- Recording Limit: Up to 30 Minutes
- Broadcast Output: NTSC/PAL
- IP Streaming: None
- Built-In Microphone Type: Stereo
- Audio Recording:
- AAC Audio
- LPCM Audio
- Wireless: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Size: 3.0"
- Resolution: 1,840,000 Dot
- Display Type: Articulating Touchscreen LCD
- Type: Built-In Electronic (OLED)
- Resolution: 2,360,000 Dot
- Eye Point: 20 mm
- Coverage: 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.74x
- Diopter Adjustment: -4 to +4
- Focus Type: Auto and Manual Focus
- Focus Mode: Continuous-Servo AF, Manual Focus, Single-Servo AF
- Autofocus Points: Contrast Detection: 225
- Autofocus Sensitivity: -6 to +20 EV
- Built-In Flash: No
- Flash Modes: Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction, Off, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
- Maximum Sync Speed: 1/250 Second
- Flash Compensation: -3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- Dedicated Flash System: TTL
- External Flash Connection: Hot Shoe
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10 to 80%
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.22 x 3.82 x 3.22" / 132.6 x 97.1 x 81.9 mm
- 1.57 lb / 714 g (With Battery, Recording Media)
- 1.39 lb / 630 g (Body Only)